Money money

Their words echo still!
Wester547
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 23:47
Location: USA.

Post by Wester547 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 16:08

Seijuurou wrote:
Some one who loves 3D FPS wrote:
Paul wrote:Less bashing of the HLP and more people volenteering to help may be?
For once I agree with you.... although there shouldn't be any bashing of the HLP at all! :P
It serves no purpose. You just regurgitate news. It doesn't even have its own community. The D3P community is HLPs community which is pathetic. There are simply better sites out there such as hlfallout.net.
It serves quite a purpose and has a small community. The D3P just got lucky and found it's way into Google's search engine better than HLP did. And I do a lot more than post news at HLP, I'll say it again, I'm the only fucking staff member who only bothers to work on that site for the most part!!!

Oh and HLFallout.net is full of the worst n00bs.

User avatar
Seijuurou
Pain Elemental
Posts: 1051
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 06:21
Location: Vaihingen, Germany
Contact:

Post by Seijuurou » Mon Jan 24, 2005 18:12

no doubt it's full of newbies, there are thousands of members and they keep joining daily. HLP on the other hand has no community. If you don't believe me, check the HLP forums.

Oh, you are right, you don't only report news. By the time you report it it can't be considered news.

User avatar
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 8405
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 22:39
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC
Location: DANCE MASTAH!
Contact:

Post by Saladin » Tue Jan 25, 2005 00:04

Now let's not be dicks, even if the things we say are true. :?

I would suggest (as I stated earlier and no one commented on) perhaps making ONE portal site with different branches. Since we did it with the forums, it would also make sense to make all the sites one and all the content on the side like we do with all the sites. Now obviously it has its downsides as well, but just take it into consideration.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Wester547
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 23:47
Location: USA.

Post by Wester547 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 00:14

Seijuurou wrote:no doubt it's full of newbies, there are thousands of members and they keep joining daily. HLP on the other hand has no community. If you don't believe me, check the HLP forums.

Oh, you are right, you don't only report news. By the time you report it it can't be considered news.
I didn't say I don't report news, I said I DO A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN JUST FUCKING REPORT NEWS. And I'm the damn moderator for those fucking forums so I know!! :roll:

I fucking report news on time, so shut the fuck up and stop bashing my site for no damn good reason.

HLP has a very small community. It didn't make its way into search engines well, thus it is not a popular site at all.
SKULLZ wrote:Now let's not be dicks, even if the things we say are true. :?
What he said is NOT true FFS!

Mr. Smith

Post by Mr. Smith » Tue Jan 25, 2005 01:19

HL2 Portal sucks. I woulden't even post spam on those bloody forums.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 23:47
Location: USA.

Post by Wester547 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 02:48

Mr. Smith wrote:HL2 Portal sucks. I woulden't even post spam on those bloody forums.
Again, you have demonstrated that you are a true fool and a real idiot, as well as someone who just sucks.

User avatar
Seijuurou
Pain Elemental
Posts: 1051
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 06:21
Location: Vaihingen, Germany
Contact:

Post by Seijuurou » Tue Jan 25, 2005 09:18

Some one who loves 3D FPS wrote:
Mr. Smith wrote:HL2 Portal sucks. I woulden't even post spam on those bloody forums.
Again, you have demonstrated that you are a true fool and a real idiot, as well as someone who just sucks.
I agree. As for your previous post, who consists of the HLP community other than others from the D3P community.

Also, what do you report other than the news? Scores for HL2? You post exactly what every other site does but with even less content.

Lastly, I agree that it never made its way onto google. The reason behind that being that there are much better sites. Yours is simply subpar. I just said it was unnecessary and deserved a much needed cut. If you wish to prove me wrong, find something on your site that hasn't been put on absolutely any other site other than a score for HL2.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 23:47
Location: USA.

Post by Wester547 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 15:57

Seijuurou wrote:Also, what do you report other than the news? Scores for HL2? You post exactly what every other site does but with even less content.

Lastly, I agree that it never made its way onto google. The reason behind that being that there are much better sites. Yours is simply subpar. I just said it was unnecessary and deserved a much needed cut. If you wish to prove me wrong, find something on your site that hasn't been put on absolutely any other site other than a score for HL2.
No I actually WRITE CONTENT for the damn site. Of course I post what every other site does, it's fucking HL2 news damnit! I just don't rip my news like you claim I do so. :roll:

It never made its way to Google cuz by the time HL2P (was HL2P at launch) launched, there were already far too many HL2 sites on the net. Which was back in July 2003, quite a ways back.... Subpar? I think you're just going out of your way to bash my site now.

And basically every HL site on the net covering HL2 and what not covers the same stuff, but written differently with a different layout. :roll:

Please, get your facts straight before you say something.....

User avatar
Seijuurou
Pain Elemental
Posts: 1051
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 06:21
Location: Vaihingen, Germany
Contact:

Post by Seijuurou » Tue Jan 25, 2005 21:20

Not quite, HLF has a mods section as well. Then it covers things such as cartoons. Your site just reports everything that everybody else has.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 23:47
Location: USA.

Post by Wester547 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 23:50

Seijuurou wrote:Not quite, HLF has a mods section as well. Then it covers things such as cartoons. Your site just reports everything that everybody else has.
Cartoons? You mean the shitty, stupid cartoons they make up? Yeah, that's real special, PHL has that too. Wow I'm so amazed. :roll:

Every other site had a mods section, I'll start reporting mod news when some *real* HL2 mod news is on the net. And my site doesn't report "everything everyone else has".

It reports REAL news.

User avatar
kob
CyberDemon
Posts: 12806
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Consoles: PS3 - PC
Location: get slam'd
Contact:

Post by kob » Wed Jan 26, 2005 02:12

Seijuurou wrote:ok, I'm gonna get http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846 these headphones. Do I just click on the front page or do you need to make a special link? Also, how much do you get out of it?
Nice headphones. I perfer the ones that are one head-phone on each and are small. W/e they are called.

User avatar
Seijuurou
Pain Elemental
Posts: 1051
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 06:21
Location: Vaihingen, Germany
Contact:

Post by Seijuurou » Wed Jan 26, 2005 02:24

Some one who loves 3D FPS wrote:
Seijuurou wrote:Not quite, HLF has a mods section as well. Then it covers things such as cartoons. Your site just reports everything that everybody else has.
Cartoons? You mean the shitty, stupid cartoons they make up? Yeah, that's real special, PHL has that too. Wow I'm so amazed. :roll:

Every other site had a mods section, I'll start reporting mod news when some *real* HL2 mod news is on the net. And my site doesn't report "everything everyone else has".

It reports REAL news.
So what REAL news do you have that other sites are obviously missing? When looking on HLP I saw nothing of worth there. Also, I never said that HLFallout was the only good HL2 site, HLP is another one.
Nice headphones. I perfer the ones that are one head-phone on each and are small. W/e they are called.
I like to call those stereo headphones... I want those because they're better for FPS' such as CS:S. I will admit though that they aren't made for anything other than games because you will most deffinitely be disappointed if you expect excellent quality.

User avatar
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 8405
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 22:39
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC
Location: DANCE MASTAH!
Contact:

Post by Saladin » Wed Jan 26, 2005 05:52

I think the real problem is that compared to D3, HL2 has tenfold sites, most of them pretty decent. We're not the only ones with small HL2 communities. The re-washing of news is kind of a silly thing to say, as they are all reporting the _same_ thing. Though we might not be as fast, we also can't compete with someone like PHL because it's their JOB to get news and they have many MANY people that do so. In fact, they have people that just check up on a few mods or sites and report the news back to the main guy, who then posts it.

So we're not the greatest HL2 site ever, big deal, trust me there is far worse. So it doesn't really make sense to compare our site to more professional sites because 3d doesn't have the time, people, or resources to make our site much better.

In any case let's stop bashing HL2P unless there is a point to bashing it.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

User avatar
Seijuurou
Pain Elemental
Posts: 1051
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2004 06:21
Location: Vaihingen, Germany
Contact:

Post by Seijuurou » Wed Jan 26, 2005 06:12

My point is that it can be cut. It will save the cost having to maintain the domain. I mean, we already know that it doesn't cut into bandwidth, it's just for the domain.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind
Posts: 7358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 23:47
Location: USA.

Post by Wester547 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 15:33

I'd rather not loose HLP's domain.

I think we just cut The Sims Portal's domain and nuke that site instead. ;)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests