Crack down

Their words echo still!
Paul
Spider Mastermind

Crack down

Post by Paul » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:00

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting pretty sick of the petty squabbling going on between members.

This stops now.

If you've got some kind of mental problem leave it on the login page and collect it on your way out.

I will no longer simply lock, or delete offending posts, I'll delete the entire thread - too many threads are going horribly off-topic - this also stops now.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind

Re: Crack down

Post by Wester547 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:03

Um, sorry, but what the fuck is your point? There's been no flame wars, everything is alright, calm down!

Paul
Spider Mastermind

Re: Crack down

Post by Paul » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:06

Some one who loves 3D FPS wrote:Um, sorry, but what the fuck is your point?
There is an example of the problem at hand.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:13

I understand your frusturation Paul, but from what I've seen out of all the forums that I've visited, it just tends to always work out like that. I do agree with you that these forums could be less hostile. I've been working on that since it is mainly my fault.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Rarehunter
Pain Elemental

Post by Rarehunter » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:41

O jeez, stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault. Everybody here is responsible for posting and building onto the thread that goes off-topic. I guess we should try harder to keep our forums on topic and "clean"?

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Wed Mar 02, 2005 02:43

Well if you looked at some of my older posts, (mainly ones from about six to eight months ago plus) I generated a lot of hostility for no apparent reason. It hasn't been until just recently that I've made positive and not flame-baiting posts.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Seijuurou
Pain Elemental

Post by Seijuurou » Wed Mar 02, 2005 05:24

I say you start banning certain people (such as Mr. Smith who finds joy in posting useless crap just to up his post count). Other than that we have Wester who has to comment on just about anything in a derogatory way (refer to the Unreal post) just to piss everybody else off and prove his dominance.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind

Post by Wester547 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 16:00

Seijuurou wrote:I say you start banning certain people (such as Mr. Smith who finds joy in posting useless crap just to up his post count). Other than that we have Wester who has to comment on just about anything in a derogatory way (refer to the Unreal post) just to piss everybody else off and prove his dominance.
Unreal post? What Unreal post? I don't want to piss anyone off! What the hell is the matter with you man? What are you on about now?

Seijuurou
Pain Elemental

Post by Seijuurou » Wed Mar 02, 2005 19:34

Some one who loves 3D FPS wrote:
Seijuurou wrote:I say you start banning certain people (such as Mr. Smith who finds joy in posting useless crap just to up his post count). Other than that we have Wester who has to comment on just about anything in a derogatory way (refer to the Unreal post) just to piss everybody else off and prove his dominance.
Unreal post? What Unreal post? I don't want to piss anyone off! What the hell is the matter with you man? What are you on about now?
http://www.portalforums.net/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=15

Your entire position in that post was to piss people off. Honestly, if you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything. I can't even count how many times I've held my tongue when talking about certain subjects. You on the other hand HAVE to say something about everything, whether you know something about it or not.

Wester547
Spider Mastermind

Post by Wester547 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 19:45

Seijuurou wrote:
Some one who loves 3D FPS wrote:
http://www.portalforums.net/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=15

Your entire position in that post was to piss people off. Honestly, if you don't have something constructive to say, don't say anything. I can't even count how many times I've held my tongue when talking about certain subjects. You on the other hand HAVE to say something about everything, whether you know something about it or not.
I'm sorry for WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! I can say whatever I want about Epic in an interview and their new Brand IP, what's wrong with that?!?!?! DAMN!

And occassionally I'll only post something if I know about it, so WRONG AGAIN. Great way to wind me up.

Paul
Spider Mastermind

Post by Paul » Wed Mar 02, 2005 20:16

Enough.