First Impressions

For discussing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Jack of Blades
Cacodemon

Re: First Impressions

Post by Jack of Blades » Wed Apr 11, 2012 02:29

Quack wrote:
Gorgeous wrote:Oh I simply in love with graphics. Argonians and Cadgits look much better. slaying dragons is awesome as well as slaying other creatures like giants which send me into open space with a single blow of their club. And being an elf I can't but kill everyone who praises Talos.
I heard you can get hitched in this game. looking forward to it
btw, read the books...some of the stories are really thrilling..and vulgar
Books as in the books in the game, or as in the two novels in real life?
Two novels in real life are meh, in my opinion. They're pretty easy to get through and not the greatest in action.

I haven't played this game in awhile. My only problem (probably like many others) is how short nearly all of the quests can be. I rarely even touch the after-infinite-quests-loop because of how tedious they can be.

Achilles
Spider Mastermind

Post by Achilles » Thu Apr 12, 2012 19:31

Are you talking about Infernal City? I didn't think they were that bad. In fact it was nice to see the setting not being restricted by the games capabilities. It really explores details and brings it to a more realistic frame of reference.

Also Sul was a badass.
Fasbook
Achilles wrote: You were always a cartoonist Ransom... unrealistic.

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 19:21

Achilles wrote:Are you talking about Infernal City? I didn't think they were that bad. In fact it was nice to see the setting not being restricted by the games capabilities. It really explores details and brings it to a more realistic frame of reference.

Also Sul was a badass.
This.
Also, unlike the games, the main character actually has a background and personality.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Post by Saladin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 00:51

So, old news, but I beat this game a few weeks ago.

I don't really understand why it's so popular. I tried really hard to enjoy it but I found myself being less interested in it even then I was for Oblivion, which is saying something.

The ending, especially, wasn't nearly as interesting as Morrowind, Oblivion or even Fallout 3, let alone by the standards of other games.

I just don't get it. Skyrim is almost legitimately a bad game, even with mods. It's not completely without merit, but it has no novelty to it. Nothing about it stands out as being awesomely memorable.

Anyone care to rehash their feelings on the game?
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon
Consoles: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4.

Post by Gordon Frohman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 03:44

Really, my only complaints were the melee combat, the lack of unique weapons and armor, and especially the story.

Oblivion's, I thought, was great, I mean who doesn't like fending off demonic invasions? But this... well, I wasn't expecting much, but I got even less than what I expected.

The guilds were also very short. They were good (except the Companions, they fucking sucked. I don't find werewolves interesting at all), but WAY too short, but I feel mods can fix that.

But, even though they casualized it a bit, I still felt it was an immensely enjoyable game with many memorable moments, and man, the music... Jeremy Soule is a damn genius. I thought the game was fantastic to explore. The dungeons were great, too - I always wondered what I would find, and they had the courtesy to put a quick exit back to the entrance.

I loved it, and once they fix (if they fix) an issue I have on the PC version, I'll start playing it again.

As for the combat, there's mods, and when I played it on the 360 all I really did was archery and that was great, so eh.

But yeah, I obviously felt pretty much completely the polar opposite of you, Sally. To each their own.
Achilles wrote:...You may kiss my ring...

Honestly you guys, Frohman was an Internet terrorist.

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Tue Aug 14, 2012 04:05

it's just another mediocre bethesda game. the only redeeming quality is its setting. i guess the dark brotherhood wasn't too bad either. i actually liked the game at first, but the more i think about it the less i like it.

honestly i gave up on bethesda after morrowind (which even in hindsight was not a very good game). the only reason i played skyrim was because of its setting and a lack of something new to play.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 05:30

Gordon Frohman wrote:Really, my only complaints were the melee combat, the lack of unique weapons and armor, and especially the story.
I would add the dialogue and characters too, with maybe a few exceptions.

But, like KoB said, the more I think about it, isn't that basically everything in the game?

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy parts of it, I played the main quest all the way through to the end and most of the other guilds almost all the way through.

But, as a whole, it's an inferior game to games in this series, other games Bethesda has made, and especially to competitor games like Dark Souls.

I'm not saying you shouldn't like it, I'm just saying, and I think you'll agree, it's vastly overhyped and, at the very least, not as good as the other games.

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 20:19

Aren't most high profile games overhyped these days?

If you didn't enjoy it so much, that's cool. I loved it, though, but both of your complaints have merit. They just don't bother me as much they bother you all.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 21:34

Gordon Frohman wrote:Aren't most high profile games overhyped these days?

If you didn't enjoy it so much, that's cool. I loved it, though, but both of your complaints have merit. They just don't bother me as much they bother you all.
Yeah but from the developers usually, not the players. It's rare to see players overhype something even after they've played it for a while.

That's just the main thing that puzzles me. Why are people so crazy about this game?

Gordon Frohman
CyberDemon

Post by Gordon Frohman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 21:53

Everyone has different tastes, and little things that bother you or me don't bother others.

Plus, it's the brand name, I'd say. I know I go crazy when I hear a new Elder Scrolls is announced, and whenever it is it's huge news.

Syringe
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: OHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Syringe » Sun Aug 19, 2012 23:10

i still really liked skyrim, but then again i clocked 40 hours into oblivion in the first week it was out so clearly i like beth rpgs

i play it heavily modded obviously

Quack
Baron of Hell
Consoles: I play Nintendo 64 games on my Nintendo Wii using Nintendo GameCube controllers.

Post by Quack » Fri Jul 12, 2013 00:42

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:45

Still playing this game. Fucked up my old character at lvl 49 so I made a new one. Trying to do all of the side quests first, then endgame.
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE