Frohamn

By popular request a junk forum, to put worthless junk into.
Forum rules
Anymore harassment or abuse will be met with instant bans, that goes to both parties no matter who starts it.
Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: Frohamn

Post by Saladin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 03:33

That's not a bad attitude, honestly. There's way too many people who think posting and sharing and feeling bad is meaningful in some way, and it isn't. Without activism, or at least the willingness to be informed and act when it's important, following the news is essentially just negative entertainment. Like watching a horror movie or something.

I just hope y'all aren't expecting anything to get better though. We're stuck in a loop right now, repeating the same mistakes over and over again because this country is terrified of real reform. Or, more accurately, the people who benefit from status quo don't give a shit at all. But I'll spare you a leftist rant.

Between financial crises, rising authoritarianism, shattering norms, rampant corruption, possible future wars, and climate change coming to fuck us all, literally nothing is going to improve. And anyone that could "unify" this country in the state that it's currently in, is someone to fear, not hope for.

Americans have to come to grips with how horrifying their country really is, and they have to want to change it on a fundamental level, not just do wonk policy around the edges.

I see no chance of that happening, and we've made zero progress as a country in the past 2 or 3 decades in understanding this. It arguably gets worse and worse all the time.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Re: Frohamn

Post by kob » Fri Oct 05, 2018 05:21

Mr. Smith wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 01:53
I just play video games, watch cartoons, and avoid the fucking news. It's best for my mental health, lol.
same here honestly. i absolutely despise politics right now. both the awful people involved in it right now and the discussion that goes along with it. i know it's kind of a fallacy to act like it's never been this bad, but ever since trump ran for president it has been fucking dreadful to think about and participate in. i fucking hate both sides so much. it's so toxic.